Company > Lean productionGo Back
The aim of Sideros Engineering is to reduce the quantity of resources used. Lean production should mean less use of labour, materials, space and time.
This philosophy, which focused on eliminating waste and empowering workers, reduced inventory and improved productivity. Instead of maintaining resources in anticipation of what might be required for future manufacturing, the management team at Siders built partnerships with suppliers.
The ten rules of lean production can be summarized as follow:
- Eliminate waste
- Minimize inventory
- Maximize flow
- Pull production from customer demand
- Meet customer requirements
- Do it right the first time
- Empower workers
- Design for rapid changeover
- Partner with suppliers
- Create a culture of continuous improvement